Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Thousand Island Salad Dressing

Everybody has a preferred salad dressing, and for Mamma, when she's in the mood for a "real" dressing--meaning not a vinaigrette-- Thousand Island is her go-to.

Me? I don't even like it, but she does, so that's why I make it!

To tell the truth, I have no idea where I got the original recipe, but I do know it called for chili sauce, which we usually don't have, so I tweaked it and now use ketchup and hot sauce! I also changed the recipe to make about a pint-- enough for salads for a while, but not enough that it will go bad.

It is a wonderfully simple recipe-- you just mix everything together. And it has only five ingredients, so it has to be healthier than what is in the grocery stores!

Thousand Island Salad Dressing


1 cup mayonnaise
4 Tbsp. milk
2 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
3 Tbsp. ketchup
1 tsp. hot sauce

Combine all ingredients. Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment